Thursday, September 29, 2011

rinky dinky thunderstorm vs. hurricane irene

          Who would have guessed that flooding would be a bigger threat during a storm than a whirling twirling hurricane. I sure didn't. A pretty severe thunderstorm went through our area last night. The weather station reported more than 1200+ lightning bolts in just an hour's time. Driving home last night after a long day at my grandmother's house, I receive a phone call from Chris saying  that his car was stuck in waist-deep water. What I wanted to say was "You are such an idiot to even think your Isuzu Rodeo could even make it through that." Instead I was sympathetic. A block away from home and he gets his car stuck in water. I ended up turning around and stayed at my grandmother's house until the water went down. Currently, Chris is outside trying to see if his Isuzu will work again. It looks grim. We had plans to buy a house soon. And today it seems as though it's not going to happen. It really makes me sad. I only hope there is a miracle with his vehicle so that he doesn't have to buy a new one.
(A glimpse of the lightning-weatherchannel.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment