Thursday, November 10, 2011

transitioning

   

    I can literally count on one hand how many times Elizabeth has slept in her own bed. Since we all share a room, it had just been convenient that we all share a bed as well. In the beginning, it was because of breastfeeding that I chose to co-sleep. Now it is because I love the closeness of my daughter next to me. I sleep better and I feel that she sleeps better.

    Being that she recently turned 6-months-old and that we are in the process of finding a new house, I find that it is a good time to start putting her to sleep in her own bed. I only made the decision of doing this because I feel that it would be harder on her if I were to start doing it in an environment she's not used to. And so far, she's been okay with it. It's harder on me than it is on her I'm sure.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment